Location: HCB Manufacturing Plant, Vonore Tennessee
The Quality Manager will be responsible for ensure that our products and services meet all necessary requirements before they reach the consumer. The Quality Manager, or Quality Assurance Manager, will inspect the final product to make sure it has been built with compliance to standards and meets customer expectations. A great quality manager is thorough and observant with an eye for detail.
The candidate must fully understand the requirements for the product or service and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers as well as the competition. The goal is to help preserve our reputation by ensuring that our products and services are capable to drive sustainable growth.
- Knowledge/experience of APQP, PPAP, PFEMA
- Knowledge/experience in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and QMS software
- Develops and controls Quality/ISO Programs including preparing all documentation for future ISO certification, scheduling, and assisting with internal audits, conducting semi-annual management reviews, and preparing for external audits
- Conducts quality assurance training for employees engaged in materials handling or product assembly
- Supervises quality assurance inspectors
- Evaluates systems, analyzes data, evaluates products and technology, and establishes quality control procedures
- Oversees quality inspections and audits; participates in vendor evaluation
- Investigates product quality problems and works with management to implement needed changes or improvements
- Develops methods for inspection, testing, sampling, and training. Inspects and analyzes test models or new parts
- Inspects finished or in-process fabricated or mechanical parts, equipment, and assemblies and determines acceptance or rejection
- Support and enforce quality system, regulatory policies, and work instruction.
- Ensure product requirements to fulfill customer orders are planned and scheduled via regular planning meetings. (PPAP)
- Report on patterns, trends, and other quantifiable measurements to determine the effectiveness of the QMS and related processes.
- Monitor all operations that affect quality
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance
- Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements
- 5+ years of related/applicable Quality Control experience; minimum 1-2 year of leadership experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required, experience in Marine field a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to compose professional correspondence with customers
Environmental and Working Conditions: Office
*Internal Job Applicants please see Human Resources
HCB Yachts makes the world’s largest center console yacht and is the only true luxurious center console yacht on the water. With unsurpassed horsepower and expansive amenities, all models are completely customizable vessels ranging between 39’-65’. HCB Yachts is committed to helping build the perfect luxury center console yacht to fit every enthusiast lifestyle. Learn more at hcbyachts.com