The electrical engineer will be conducting extensive evaluations on current electrical systems and developing new state of the art electronic system designs ensuring maximum safety and efficiency. Provide model change assistance to update product lines and implement optimum trends. Conduct ongoing research in and outside the marine industry to keep abreast of developing trends. Work is performed under general supervision where guidelines are prescribed but independent action is required.
- This candidate will be conducting product research and integrating new equipment.
- With new integrations this candidate must be able to communicate with assembly personnel by conducting training sessions for new product requirements.
- Must be able to generate engineering drawings for new designs and approve electrical prints for boat release. Provide technical expertise and insure consistency in the Company’s electrical documentation, methods, and practices.
- Candidate must be able to understand and generate engineering changes notices as needed.
- Candidate must be willing to travel, and trouble shoot as needed.
- Required to have basic knowledge on charging systems, power configuration, AC and DC electrical systems, and electrical distribution
- Must be able to conduct final electrical design verification tests
- Must be able to keep on time project phase completions while keeping strong attention to detail
- Candidate must have extensive PC knowledge including software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Strong AutoCAD skills with 3D modeling experience preferred
Qualifications / Requirements
- BSE degree in Electrical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of PC based software (Word, Excel, AutoCad, etc.)
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, and problem solving skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available
Internal Job Applicants please see Human Resources