The Industrial Engineer will successfully take projects from concept stage to production smoothly and efficiently. Assist in new product design and implementation by utilizing existing ERP structure or creating new structure from scratch. Provide model change assistance to update product lines and implement optimum trends. Conduct ongoing research in and outside the marine industry to keep abreast of developing trends. Work is performed under general supervision where guidelines are prescribed but independent action is required.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Provide decision making information to management by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished – product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. These reports are presented at the monthly management summary meeting to the chief operating officer
- Regularly maintain and update engineering bill of materials
- Responsible for day-to-day review, coordination, execution, distribution, verification, and documentation of engineering changes.
- Creation of custom options in the configurator, including pricing and scripting for internal and external sales and vendors
- Interfacing with suppliers, vendors, design engineers, manufacturing engineers, Director of Operations, VP of Sales and Marketing, supervisors, Quality manager, Supply chain manager, and Customer Service manager
- Manage inspection of vessels by certified inspectors for USCG, ABYC, CE and CANADA
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in marine industry with knowledge of production process preferred.
- Committed to quality and standards that are accepted by societies and industry.
- Must interface well with other employees and the public and be a team player
- Working Experience in ERP is a plus
- Working knowledge of PC based software (Word, Excel, M.S. Project, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available
Internal Job Applicants please see Human Resources