HCB Center Console Yachts Manufacturer of World Class highly customized Offshore fishing boats up to 65 feet. Including the award winning 65 Estrella the world’s largest outboard powered center console.
This position is primarily responsible for procuring materials in an efficient and timely manner to insure zero production delays while being cost conscience and managing appropriate inventory levels.
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews material planner requirements and efficiently issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Follows up with suppliers on past due purchase orders and develops a plan to improve on-time deliveries.
- Communicates with production line to ensure priority materials are expedited in the event of a line shortage.
- Evaluates vendor quotations and utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow
- Builds and maintains supplier relationships that provide high quality products and services at a better price, while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Closely manages suppliers that may be a risk, while developing a contingency plan for replacement.
- Maintains accurate material pricing in system, at all times.
- Must be highly aware of inventory cost and work within an approved budget.
- Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Conserves organizational resources.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional communication skills, with all levels, via phone, email & in person
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases, and ERP systems
- In depth understanding of all levels of the supply chain process
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
Comprehensive benefits package available
Internal Job Applicants please see Human Resources