This position is primarily responsible for procuring materials in an efficient and timely manner to insure zero production delays while being cost conscience and managing appropriate inventory levels.
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews material planner requirements and efficiently issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Follows up with suppliers on past due purchase orders and develops a plan to improve on-time deliveries.
- Communicates with production line to ensure priority materials are expedited in the event of a line shortage.
- Evaluates vendor quotations and utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow
- Builds and maintains supplier relationships that provide high quality products and services at a better price, while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Closely manages suppliers that may be a risk, while developing a contingency plan for replacement.
- Maintains accurate material pricing in system, at all times.
- Must be highly aware of inventory cost and work within an approved budget.
- Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Conserves organizational resources.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional communication skills, with all levels, via phone, email & in person
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases, and ERP systems
- In depth understanding of all levels of the supply chain process
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
Comprehensive benefits package available
Internal Job Applicants please see Human Resources