The Design Engineer will successfully take projects from concept stage to production smoothly and efficiently. Conceptualization new product design and assist in design implementation. Provide model change assistance to update product lines and implement optimum trends. Conduct ongoing research in and outside the marine industry to keep abreast of developing trends. Work is performed under general supervision where guidelines are prescribed but independent action is required.
- Product Development from concept to production phase-in of new products under supervision of the Design Engineering Manager.
- Providing detail design and support to tooling vendors.
- Troubleshooting design related production problems with Process Engineering and Qualify Control.
- Developing B.O.M.
- Layout of B.O.M. on drawings and assemblies.
- Interfacing with suppliers to insure correct product applications and installations.
- Direct involvement in the development and testing of new product and prototypes.
- Continuing development and implementation of upgrades to products once in production.
- Ensuring interdepartmental communication.
- Ensuring that work area is clean, orderly, and safe.
- Knowledge and enforce of company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring timely and adequate completion of all applicable phases of project.
- Maintaining direct and frequent interface with other departments to insure consistency throughout the organization.
- Maintaining supplied personal project folders with complete and updated information.
- Coordination and maintenance of 3-D CAD models to include interface fit, detail and completion of all assigned new models.
- Development of engineering “detailed” drawings based on conceptual arrangements.
- Providing technical product assistance to Service Department.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, Mechanical Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in marine design and mechanical background with knowledge of production process preferred.
- Strong background in computer aided design and engineering.
- Committed to quality and standards that are accepted by societies and industry.
- Must interface well with other employees and the public and be a team player.
- Working knowledge of PC based software (Word, Excel, M.S. Project, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available
Internal Job Applicants please see Human Resources