This position’s primary focus is to provide manufacturing engineering support. Design, justify, and implement projects to improve safety, quality, and efficiency beyond the scope of general floor support and safety duties. These projects typically involve capital requests. Examples of project work include, but are not limited to safety improvements, quality improvements, facility improvements, and process improvements. Work is performed under general supervision where guidelines are prescribed but independent action is required.
- Provide all documentation for manufactured parts and assemblies
- Detail drawings
- Manufacturing work instructions
- Manufacturing reference documents and visual aides
- Standard work breakdowns
- Bill of material entry and maintenance
- Work with Production personnel to insure adherence to the documented design and procedures.
- Work with Design Engineering personnel to constantly improve our materials and procedures to produce more cost and labor efficient components and assemblies.
- Coordinate and lead Production and Design Engineering in the integration of new product into the production.
- Ensure interdepartmental communication.
- Ensure that work area is clean, orderly, and safe.
- Know and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and adequate completion of all applicable phases of projects.
- Suggest and assist in implementing improvements in the manufacturing process.
- Assist in the development of necessary tools, jigs, fixtures for production.
- Review all Engineering Change Notice’s related to the manufacturing process.
- Generate Engineering Change Notice’s as required.
- Strong manufacturing experience, especially in Marine will be considered in place of education.
- Prefer Bachelor of Science in Engineering and 2 to 5 years of practical experience in all phases of manufacturing and material control preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of bill-of-materials.
- Candidate must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to interface well with other employees, outside vendors, dealers, and retail customers.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of PC based software (Word, Excel, etc.) preferred.