The position is a key member of the iKon operating team; the position is accountable for the iKon dealer network. The position requires working independently, and working very closely with product engineering, operations, marketing, and finance. This position reports directly to the president and a member of the company operating committee and the strategic product portfolio team. This position could have the marketing and product marketing manager reporting directly to them based on experience. This is a decentralized company, with working level and strategic executive assignments, and the perfect candidate enjoys variety of assignments and isn’t afraid to get this fingermails dirty. This position will be a pivotal lead agent for the company outside the fourwalls of the factory in large and small settings, and must be polished and comfortable doing such.
- Preparing annual commitment and budgets, and executing monitoring and management associated with such
- Maintaining knowledge of current industry and competitor trends
- Compiling reports on sales performance, customer demographics, or other information as needed, especially market share, CRM performance, and commitment and ordering progress reports
- Providing product demonstrations or other educational services to help dealerships choose appropriate products for their needs
- Responding to dealerships/customer inquiries by phone or email, often using computer applications such as CRM software or spreadsheet software to process orders or track inventory levels
- Keeping records of dealers/customer information such as contact details, purchase history, and product preferences to personalize customer service
- Growing relationships with dealer principals
- Support the ordering account management process and attend weekly meetings
- Fully responsible for annual event planning and dealer development programs
Additional Duties include:
- Identifying potential opportunities for business growth within the dealer network and put standardized and custom action plans in place
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Prepare sales contracts and order forms.
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
- Contact regular and prospective dealerships to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
- Identify prospective dealerships by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Work with dealerships to improve product exposure and advertising.
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments.
- Obtain credit information about prospective dealerships/customers.
- MBA Preferred in Sales & Marketing
- Passion for Bass Fishing & Boats is a HUGE Plus
- Experience working in sales in a retail setting
- Must be very comfortable interacting with customers and dealer teams frequently
- Must possess exceptional MS Office 365 experience and skills
- Strategic thinker who is well-rounded in all manufacturing departments
- Experience with product planning and product valuation propositions, and product benchmarking and teardown analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable effective communication across all levels in the company, as well as with external parties
- Exception ability to drive through change and initiatives to achieve company goals
- Strong ability to lead and plan the work of a sales team to achieve set company goals, and lead a large dealer network
- Strong multitasking ability to handle various competing priorities and demands simultaneously
- Strong ability to analyze risks, pre-empt customer needs, and work proactively, efficiently and effectively
- Strong ability to attend to dealerships with referent and technical power
iKon Boats, LLC is rooted in Hydrasports’ half century of heritage, in 2019 the Hydrasports’
Board of Directors unanimously decided to expand operating activities into freshwater with a transformational bass boat portfolio. The ongoing venture centered on leveraging sophisticated yacht engineering and technology with consummate fishing anglers’ intellect to develop an innovative product that will redefine history.